- Vilano Shadow 3.0 Road Bike with Integrated Shifters – Best Road Bike for Outdoor Exercise
- Huffy Hardtail Stone Mountain Bike – Best Mountain Bike for Outdoor Exercise
- Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike – Best Hybrid Bike for Outdoor Exercise
- Mobo Triton Pro Adult Tricycle – Best Recumbent Bike for Outdoor Exercise
Many people don’t mind going into the gym for their daily exercise routine or even using an at-home stationary bike.
However, if you get bored easily with exercises that take place in a single room, and you want to get exercise and burn calories while going on outdoor adventures, you might be wondering what the best bike for outdoor exercise is.
Riders can use plenty of bikes for different purposes, ages, terrains, and environments. This article outlines the best bikes for outdoor exercise to help you make the right decision for your specific cycling needs and preferences.
1. Vilano Shadow 3.0 Road Bike with Integrated Shifters – Best Road Bike for Outdoor Exercise
A road bicycle is the best choice for your outdoor exercise if you reside in an urban or suburban environment with plenty of paved roads, paved trails, and city parks nearby to ride your bike.
Road bikes are typically lightweight and have a good amount of gear options allowing you to add resistance and increase the intensity of your workout as you wish.
The Vilano Shadow 3.0 Road Bike is the best bike for outdoor exercise on the road.
It includes integrated shifters, or brake levers, that allow riders to control braking and shifting in a convenient way that caters to road biking.
It also has a water bottle cage mount, which is especially useful if you’re riding the bike for exercise purposes.
Additionally, Vilano created this bike with a 6061 aluminum frame for a nice, lightweight ride.
- Integrated shifters designed for road bike
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Water bottle cage mount
- Tools for assembly not included
- Kickstand needs to be purchased separately
2. Huffy Hardtail Stone Mountain Bike – Best Mountain Bike for Outdoor Exercise
If you live near mountains and are looking for an adventurous and exciting way to exercise, you should consider purchasing a mountain bike.
Mountain Bikes have wheels and structures that allow you to go off-road and ride on rougher, rockier, and less paved terrain.
You will get a more comprehensive workout and exercise more muscle groups with more variable terrain and more significant inclines and declines in your ride.
The Huffy Hardtail Stone Mountain Bike is our pick for the best bike for outdoor exercise in the mountains or rough terrain.
This bike is heavy-duty, including 21 speeds and a twist shifter for variable speeds and resistance levels.
This feature is vital so that you can shift to your preferred resistance when going uphill, riding downhill, or looking to increase or decrease your speed depending on the specific terrain.
It also includes suspension fork handles, ensuring a smoother ride on bumpy grounds.
The Huffy’s steel frame is durable enough for any adventure, and the knobby tires are built to ride seamlessly through rocky pathways, mud, sticks, and anything else you might come across during your adventurous exercise.
Finally, you don’t have to go to a store to assemble the bike, as an instruction manual is included with your purchase.
- 21 speeds and twist shifter
- Suspension fork handles
- Durable steel frame
- Durable knobby tires
- It might not be as long-lasting as higher-priced competitors
3. Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike – Best Hybrid Bike for Outdoor Exercise
Hybrid bikes provide the best of both worlds for road riding and mountain riding.
If you are looking for a bike that you can use for various purposes — riding in the park, riding to work, going on off-road adventures, etc. — then you might want to consider getting a hybrid bike.
The Schwann Discover is the best hybrid bike for outdoor exercise in either paved or unpaved terrain.
Like the mountain bike above, it includes 21 speed shifters for precise gear changes and a suspension seat post.
It also includes excellent alloy linear-pull brakes that you can rely on for quick stopping power, which is useful in both road and mountain environments.
Another great feature about this hybrid bike is its rear carrier, which allows you to carry items you might need for various purposes – whether it’s a backpack for off-road exploration, a briefcase for work, or a box of groceries on your way home from a neighborhood ride.
- 21-speed shifters
- Designed for comfortable riding in various environments
- Rear carrier for convenience
- Hybrid bikes are, by design, not as good as a mountain bike for the mountains or a road bike for the roads
4. Mobo Triton Pro Adult Tricycle – Best Recumbent Bike for Outdoor Exercise
If you are looking for an ultra-comfortable ride, consider purchasing a recumbent bike.
Recumbent bikes are low to the ground, have larger and wider seats, and ultimately provide an exercise option that has a much lower impact on the knees than standard bicycles.
If you have never ridden a recumbent bike, it might be best to start with a three-wheel one to get a feel of it first.
Many recumbent bikes are stationary and meant for indoor exercise use, but the Mobo Triton Pro Adult Tricycle is the best recumbent bike for outdoor exercise purposes.
This bike is meant for flat and paved surfaces, so it is best used in safe, non-trafficked environments like city parks, beach boardwalks, or suburban neighborhoods.
The Mobo Triton is an excellent exercise bike option for people looking for a good cardio workout that doesn’t heavily impact their knees or back. The reclined, suctioned seat offers even more comfort for the ride.
- Comfortable low-impact ride with cushioned, reclined seat
- Three wheels for easy, no-balance riding
- Adjustable seating to fit various heights
- It cannot be used on dirt or gravel roads
- Can not ride in reverse
- Not ideal for those over 6 feet tall
This list provides optimal road, mountain, hybrid, and recumbent bike options.
As you can see, there are many different options for choosing the best bike for outdoor exercise.
Your final choice will depend on which environment you want to ride in and your specific preferences for comfort, safety, and style.