Take precautions against road accidents by wearing a bike helmet light. Whether you love the thrill and adrenaline rush of cycling or see it as a relaxing activity that helps you get away from the chaos of everyday life, safety measures remain a must.
Bike helmet lights go a long way towards preventing accidents and injuries. But, which one is the best bike helmet light? Let’s find out.
What to Consider When Buying a Bike Helmet Light
A bright light mounted to your helmet provides visibility in foggy weather, allowing you to maneuver your bike in the dark. Crucial factors you must consider while buying the right headlight include:
- Mounting: Bike headlights are mounted on your handlebar or helmet to help you see the road ahead.
- Light modes: Reduce or increase the brightness of your light with four to five lighting modes. For cyclists on public roadways, a flashing or pulsating light mode proves essential. This light will help motorists see you on the road.
- Illumination power: An off-road cyclist would require an advanced LED bike helmet light with 1,000 lumens, while a cyclist who commutes on the road would need a bike helmet light with a brightness level of 300 to 500 lumens. The wider the light beam gets, the better the view in front of you.
- Waterproof: Make sure to buy a waterproof bike helmet light. These headlights allow you to ride in the rain and won’t shut down due to excess water or mud while riding through rough terrain.
- Weight: Wear a comfortable, lightweight helmet light to avoid excess pressure on your head. A lightweight light also makes it easier to carry around when you travel.
- Battery: Avoid disposable AA or AAA batteries by choosing a bike helmet light with a USB-rechargeable battery. If you like to ride long distances, you should consider a battery with a longer battery life that can last a few hours before running out.
Best Bike Helmet Light
Are you considering buying a bike helmet light but don’t know which one would suit you best? Below we have compiled a list of the four best bike helmet lights you should consider for your next journey.
Do you need an affordable bike headlight? Cycloving Super Bright LED not only serves as headlights but also works as taillights. The dual purpose of this light makes it a favorite bike helmet light choice for bike enthusiasts, including both commuter road cyclists and off-road bike riders.
Features of the Cycloving Super Bright front light and rear light include:
- 400 lumens illumination power
- Aluminum headlight with Cree Xpg LED
- Four light modes for front light (High, low, strobe, and SOS)
- Aluminum rear light
- Rechargeable battery
- Five modes for the backlight (Strobe, slow-flash, single-cruise, double-cruise, and breathing)
- Battery warning reminder (Greenlight and red warning light)
- 12-months product replacement warranty
Mountain riders absolutely love the Bright Eyes mountain bike headlight. The 1600 lumen Cree T6 LED Technology produces an extremely bright light. The intense light proves perfect for riding in the dark, off the beaten track. Additionally, to enjoy extreme adventure, you have to have a waterproof headlight that can last through heavy rain, water splashes, and mud.
Bright Eyes mountain bike headlight not only proves fully waterproof but also has an upgraded rechargeable battery that can last for over five hours at maximum power. The medium-light mode will last for about six hours, while the low-light mode can work for over 16 hours. Complete your outdoor excursions without the trouble of getting lost in the dark with the Bright Eyes mountain bike headlight.
Features of the Bright Eyes mountain bike headlight include:
- The longest-running bike light
- Best suited for mountain biking, hiking, camping, and running
- Lifetime guarantee on bicycle headlight
- One year warranty on the battery
- Fully waterproof
- 1600 lumen rechargeable
- 6400mAh battery
- Cree T6 LED Technology
- Free diffuser lens for safe daytime riding
- User-friendly and fits all handlebars
Ideal for road cyclists, the Topside Bike Helmet Light has a dual front and rear light. This technologically advanced bike helmet light can last for forty-three hours and recharges fully in about three hours.
If you want to buy an inexpensive bike light for everyday use, choose the Topside bike headlight. Easy to install, you can strap it onto your helmet to light up the dark streets or use it as an indicator when stuck in traffic.
Features of the Topside bike helmet light include:
- USB rechargeable
- Dual rear light and a front light
- 100 lumens
- Cree LED bulb
- 3oz lightweight bike light
- Switch between five light modes (Constant, constant front flash rear, double flash, constant rear flash front, and fast flash)
- Attach to your handlebar or helmet
- Extremely bright, short-range, and wide beam
With BrightRoad bike lights set, you can ride safely in the dark or traffic during the day. Increase your visibility and light up the road in front of you with this handy headlight that rotates 360°. The BrightRoad bike light set encased by protective and high-quality aluminum makes it durable.
Features of the BrightRoad bike lights set include:
- Front and rear bike lights
- 800 lumens
- 650 feet visibility
- 85° light angle
- 360° rotation capabilities
- USB headlight
- LED tail lights
- IPX6 international protection rating
- Three safety modes
- Motion sensor tail lights
- One year warranty
To choose the right bike helmet light, you first need to consider your biking requirements. If you are a passionate off-road bike rider, you will need a headlight that brightens up the area so that you can avoid obstacles in your path.
On the other hand, if you commute to work by bike, you will need to buy a headlight that illuminates the streets during your ride home. Additionally, don’t forget to install a rear light to signal other vehicles on the road because safety should always come first. Choose a bike helmet light from our above list and stay safe on your journey.