Need a list of the best folding mountain bikes? Don’t forget to check out this post!
Mountain bikes are great on any terrain, from off-road trails to steep, rocky hillsides. They’re great for commuting too because they’re lightweight and easy to carry upstairs or over curbs. Folding mountain bikes are exemplary for anyone who loves comfort while biking outdoors or on rough terrain.
One of the latest advancements in the mountain bikes industry is the introduction of folding mountain bikes. They offer some compelling benefits, including portability, easier storage, and more convenient transport.
Folding bikes are a popular choice for city-dwellers. They are lightweight and easy to carry around on public transport, making them the perfect vehicle for your daily commute or a leisurely weekend adventure ride.
The article below is a detailed and objective review of some of the best folding mountain bikes on the market. Hopefully, it will help you with the right bike for your needs and budget. I’ve also included a buying guide for folding bikes and what to look for.
- Our Top Folding Mountain Bikes
- 1. Cyrusher FR100 – Best Overall
- 2. Montague Paratrooper Folding Mountain Bike – Runners Up
- 3. OBK G4/G6 26″ Full Suspension Folding Bike – Best for Endurance
- 4. Max4out Folding Mountain Bike – Most Portable
- 5. Eurobike 26 Inch Folding Mountain Bike – Best Value for Money
- 6. Kingttu Dual Suspension Folding Mountain Bike – Best for Tight Storage Spaces
- Benefits of Folding Mountain Bikes
- Choosing the Best Folding Mountain Bike for You
- Final Verdict
Our Top Folding Mountain Bikes
1. Cyrusher FR100 – Best Overall
The Cyrusher FR100 folding mountain bike has what it takes to be the most reliable of all options, considering its features, structure, and price. New owners find it easy to assemble because it is 90% pre-assembled before delivery.
It is manufactured in quality aluminum alloy material. The brakes work seamlessly with its 24-speed setting and great full suspension for cruising through muddy roads. Cyrusher’s quick-release clamp feature is a favorite for many owners because it allows for effortless unfolding.
Additionally, its rubber tires can withstand most surfaces or terrain to keep cyclists safe at any speed.
- Easy to assemble
- Reliable braking system
- Quick-release feature
- Compact and lightweight design
- Unique rugged tires for enhanced traction
- Not so great on rough terrains
2. Montague Paratrooper Folding Mountain Bike – Runners Up
The Montague Paratrooper ranks second on our list of the most convenient folding mountain bikes because of its design and sturdy frame. It folds easily and maintains the folded position securely.
The disk brakes are perfect for safe, fast stopovers. The front fork and hardtail suspension that insulates the rider from rough terrains. Furthermore, its saddle is comfy to sit on, which prevents your back or butt from hurting on rough terrains.
- Strong suspension
- Efficient folding mechanism
- Durable, contemporary, and great design
- Pedals are not the best
3. OBK G4/G6 26″ Full Suspension Folding Bike – Best for Endurance
The OBK full suspension folding bike is a 21-speed with three-spoke mag wheels. In addition to its space-saving feature, the bike helps ease your day-to-day commuting needs.
It comes in a stylish contemporary design and knobby tires to enhance traction on all surfaces. If you love to exercise and save on fuel while avoiding traffic, OBK is a great shot. Moreover, its braking system, shifters, and derailleurs are notably durable.
- Comfortable to ride
- Great brakes
- Full suspension for smoother rides
- Swift steering
- A bit heavy to carry
4. Max4out Folding Mountain Bike – Most Portable
Max4out mountain bike is a 21-speed bike manufactured with adventure in mind. Its prominent features include an uneven high-carbon steel framework, wide knobby tires, and a dual suspension. These features enable the bike to handle any terrain without a problem.
In addition to the excellent braking system, the bike looks distinctive, and that’s because it is. In addition, it is manufactured with lightweight aluminum that makes it easy to carry around in places you can’t ride.
- Sturdy rear suspension
- Unique design
- It has front and back fenders
- Plastic pedals are not durable
- Poor quality freewheels
5. Eurobike 26 Inch Folding Mountain Bike – Best Value for Money
If you are on a budget, Eurobike is a great option to go by. It does not compromise on reliability. Its general performance is remarkable. With a disk brake system, you are sure of a durable and sturdier stopping power than V-brake systems.
This brand ensures you can swiftly change gear presets for a smooth and comfortable ride even when climbing uphill. The bike is delivered with assembly instructions for the front wheels, handlebar, seat, air-up tires, and pedals.
- The sturdy and durable braking system
- Good shock-absorbers
- Great price
- Large wheels enable longer distance coverage easily
- Bulky due to 26/27″ wheels
6. Kingttu Dual Suspension Folding Mountain Bike – Best for Tight Storage Spaces
If you need a bike but are wondering where you will store it due to lack of space, the Kingttu folding MTN bike solves this problem by packing up relatively small. It does not compromise on quality as it is manufactured with heavy-duty steel for durability.
The bike is perfect for riding on multiple terrains with knobby tires for enhanced grip and a disc braking system for steep rides. The bike is also great for shorter riders; hence can be perfect for young adults.
- Compact design that saves on space
- Durable heavy steel design frame
- Good front fork suspension
- Heavy body
- It has no added accessories or fenders
Benefits of Folding Mountain Bikes
A foldable bicycle is a bicycle in which the frame is rigid in its folded state. Some benefits of owning a folding bike, including:
- The ability to take your bike with you wherever you go since it can be folded up and stored in a car trunk, closet, or even under your desk at work
- More affordable than counterparts that don’t fold down into smaller sizes
- Great for living in small spaces where storage space is limited
- Easy to assemble and disassemble with no tools required
- No heavy lifting is involved when taking them on public transportation. Just unfold it at the bus stop or subway station!
An added advantage for these bikes is that you get to use them as an everyday bike when it’s not folded up. Also, if you need to store it somewhere, you can easily do so without taking up too much space.
However, there are cons to owning a foldable bike too. Unfortunately, they tend not to be as durable as other bikes and might be more expensive than regular bikes.
Choosing the Best Folding Mountain Bike for You
The task of finding the best folding bike for your needs can be daunting.
Before you start looking at the various models, there are three things you should consider:
- What is your budget?
- What are your primary transportation needs?
- What is your height?
Other Key Features to Consider Include:
- Ease of Use – Check to see if the bike you want offers a quick-release mechanism, a clip fastener, and how hard it is to fold. The easier it is to fold or unfold, the better.
- Suspension – If you are adventurous, consider a bike with suspension for easy maneuvering of aggressive trails. They are more comfortable and durable.
- Braking system – Disc brakes are better, unlike V-brakes.
- Folded size – Most bikes fold in half, but some like the Montague can fold to a compact package.
It was complex to settle on the best folding mountain bike. All the models we reviewed have a lot to offer. However, the Cyrusher FR100 is a force to reckon with, especially in quality, design, and price.
If the Cyrusher FR100 does not fulfill your needs, there are other options to consider. Just make sure that you first know what you need.