In a Quick Glance
The Giordano Libero 1.6 is a bike that was inspired by the history that comes with cycling within Italy.
The brand has decided to take some of their previous designs and improve on them, creating a bike that is perfect for those who desire a bike that can offer them exceptional performance, while still being able to fit the bike into a smaller budget.
One particular factor that tends to set the Giordano Libero 1.6 apart from other bikes on the market would be the fact the framework has been hand-crafted to ensure a sturdier overall design, which ultimately provides the rider of the bike with a more convenient experience, whether they are using the bike for riding in the street for the purpose of obtaining physical exercise, or to participate in a bicycle triathlon.
Giordano Libero 1.6 - OUR RATING & UNBIASED OPINION
Who is This Bike for?
The Giordano Libero 1.6 is the perfect bicycle for a large number of potential customers.
While the bike may not be an ideal solution for those who are participating in professional races that require high-performance bikes that are able to withstand excessive use, the bike is appropriate for those beginners who are looking to participate in a few triathlons in the local area.
Many people have been able to ride a significant number of miles with the Giordano Libero 1.6 without running into issues.
The bike is also a great choice for those individuals looking to spend a little more money on a casual bike that will give them better performance compared to some of the cheaper options that have been released to the general public.
It is important that the customer considers their height when they decide to buy a Giordano Libero 1.6 bike.
The bike comes in three different sizes, including small, medium, and large. No specific guidelines are provided in terms of which sizes are more appropriate for specific riders, but it is generally advised to consider a medium when the customer is between 5’5” and 5’9”.
Some customers may find the medium bike to be too small if they are 5’9” or larger. Personal preference may also play a part here.
What’s included out of the box:
The Giordano Libero 1.6 comes as a complete solution that includes everything that the customer would need to assemble their bike, except for a couple of tools that they might have laying around at home.
The package comes complete with the frame, wheels, and chains.
The bike does not, however, come preassembled – the assembly of the bike is the responsibility of the customer who decided to purchase the bike.
An instructions booklet is also provided with a step-by-step tutorial on the procedure that needs to be followed closely in order to assemble the bike the right way to ensure it is ready to be taken for a spin afterward, while also ensuring no particular complications may develop due to poor assembly.
While the package does include the entire bike’s assembly parts, along with the instructions to be followed to construct the bike, the customer would need a set of Allen wrenches if they wish to assemble the bike themselves.
For those who are not able to complete the procedure themselves, a local bicycle shop may come to their aid but may yield an additional cost when the customer decides to utilize their services.
Features/ Specs Overview:
The list of features that the Giordano Libero 1.6 offers is quite impressive, especially the fact that the bike’s frame is handcrafted by the manufacturers in order to deliver a better experience while the customer is using the bike, regardless of whether it is for casual or professional purposes.
The material used in the construction of the frame is known as 6061 aluminum, which is a high-grade aluminum material that is known to be exceptionally good at withstanding rust and providing durability.
In addition to the handcrafted, high-quality frame of the bike, other features that the Giordano Libero 1.6 also offers that patients may find convenient include:
- A high-profile 32-spoke set of alloy rims with a quick-release function for easy switching and a more convenient way to fix any problems that may develop while on the road.
- The drivetrain is equipped with Shimano STI technology to offer smoother and faster gear shifts. The improved control over gear shifting also ensures rougher terrains such as going uphill or downhill becomes easier and less hazardous.
- The 16-speed drive train allows much more accurate control over the specific gear that the bike is in, as well as the speed at which the rider is able to go.
- A 1 1/8” stem that offers a threadless design further adds to the general quality of the bike, while also enhancing the performance that the bike is able to offer the user.
- There are two mounts that water bottles can be placed in, ensuring water never becomes a scarce resource while the rider is on the bike and exploring, or perhaps participating in a race or triathlon.
WHAT WE LIKE
- Handcrafted aluminum frame made from high-quality material
- Quick release rims with a high 32-spoke profile
- Shimano drivetrain with 16-speed levels for more accurate control
- Mounts for water bottles
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE
- Only two colors to choose from
- Promoted as lightweight, but weighs more than alternative options in the same price range
- More expensive than similar options on the market
- Requires fine-tuning for adequate performance
The Giordano Libero 1.6 men’s road bike has been designed to represent some of the more expensive options that are often seen in Italy, providing the customer a bike that is sturdy, made from quality materials, and handcrafted to ensure efficient power and mobility while riding.
On the other hand, however, we did note that the Giordano Libero 1.6 is not the fastest or lightest bike on in its class, but the price of the bike is more attractive than some of the alternatives currently available on the market.